Our Fee Schedule
*Reduced rates available for vulnerable populations and essential frontline workers.
Contact us by chat or by leaving your information below.
Standard Online Therapy Session
Outside Regular Consulting Hours
- Intelligence testing
- Memory testing
- Cognitive capacity
Duration of assessment can vary.
Please inquire within.
Letters or Report Writing
We process all fees and rebates on the same day.
If you are eligible for a psychological services rebate from your private insurer, please provide us with this information before your first session. Please contact us directly by leaving your details at the end of this page, if you have further questions.
The prices above are for individual telehealth therapy sessions.
Please be ready before your appointment time. Therapy sessions are on a 50 minute basis which means there will be clients who are scheduled before and after your session. If you are late, this reduces the total available time you have for your session.
It is possible to extend your session. This is dependent on whether a cancellation has been made after your session. The extra time will be chargeable based on a pro-rated amount of time added.
Debit Card, Credit Card and PayPal are acceptable forms of payment.
If you are registered with the private health provider, you may be eligible for a fee rebate for your therapy sessions. Please check and confirm if you are eligible for these rebates prior to your session.
Telehealth services will be available for all vulnerable populations at a reduced rate.
Vulnerable means a patient at risk of COVID-19, so a person who:
- is required to self-isolate or self-quarantine in accordance with guidance in relation to COVID-19; or
- is at least 70 years old; or
- if the person identifies as being of a socioeconomically disadvantaged community; or
- is pregnant; or
- is the parent of a child aged under 12 months; or
- is being treated for a chronic health condition; or
- is immune compromised; or
- meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
- essential frontline workers.
All other clients are billed according to the Fee Schedule indicated above.
Important few key points you should be aware of:
- Providers will also be able to offer audio-only services via telephone if video is not available.
- Services can be provided through widely available video calling apps and software such as Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, Duo, GoToMeeting and others.
- The new Telehealth items will allow providers to continue to deliver essential health care services to patients within their care.
- Patients are required to provide consent for their service provided.
- A service may only be provided by Telehealth where it is safe and clinically appropriate to do so.
You will be able to make an appointment without a referral.
If you have a private health insurance provider, please check if you are eligible for a rebate or if obtaining an insurer’s rebate requires a referral from the GP or relevant medical practitioner. It is important to consult your private health insurance provider in advance if you require further information regarding whether you’re eligible for psychological treatments and the amounts that you can claim.
Our commitment is to provide safe online telehealth sessions.
The clients we work with are happy to work with us for the following reasons.
All our psychologists are registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
Click on the chat icon and we will answer any of your queries about our service.