Online counselling is a great idea for people who:
- have to travel large distances, are located in remote areas or have difficulty attending in-person counselling sessions or psychological assessment.
- have no access to psychological and counselling services in their local communities
- are in industries where travelling, working in different timezones and complicated work schedules are common
- have a physical disability (sensory or motor, permanent or temporary) or any other cause of disability that requires special attention including intellectual disability or impairment or ageing
- have anxiety issues or aversion to social environments which makes leaving the home to obtain counselling or psychological treatment difficult
- have commitments as caregivers (children, elderly, etc)
- are travel to different jurisdictions for work or travel. Chatcorner.sg through our partner website www.chatclinic.com.au currently caters to clients also located in Australia
The conditions suitable for online counselling are listed below.
(Please consider that the psychologist may additionally require an in-clinic consultation regardless of the suitability of the condition bases on this list):
- Anger management
- Managing of moods
- Pain management
- Phobias (Social phobias, Agoraphobia, etc)
- Sexual Dysfunction (Male/Female)
- Sexual Identity Confusion
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Difficulties
Chatcorner.sg also have online performance coaching services for the following issues:
- Career and lifestyle planning
- Finding focus of at work or school
- Confidence issues
- Goal setting
- Getting in touch with emotions
- Limiting beliefs
- Motivation issues
- Overcome a challenge in life
- Relationship issues
- Seeking a life direction and figuring out one’s purpose
- Undesirable habits
The advantages of online counselling:
- It does not require the client to be present in a face-to-face session.
- It does not constrain the client with social situations where they would feel uncomfortable.
- It provides opportunities for clients who are isolated physically or psychologically where in the past treatment would have been avoided.
- It provides a secure environment to share, open up and speak freely about difficult experiences and thoughts.
- The virtual environment may allow more accurate and uninhibited answers from the client as opposed to a large hospital or clinic environment where clients may feel less secure. This is crucial when a client has difficulty expressing or conveying experiences, emotions or feelings in a face-to-face counselling session.
The clients we work with are happy to work with us for the following reasons.
Talk To Us
Dial +65 9196 5963.
All our psychologists are registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
Click the chat icon and we will answer any of your queries about our service.